We CAN make a difference!
Can you imagine...
Can you imagine finding a lump in your breast but not having the resources to pay for a mammogram? Can you imagine receiving a diagnosis of breast cancer but not having the funds to pay for surgery, chemo and radiation therapy? Can you imagine facing a possibly fatal disease like breast cancer and not having the support of family and friends? Unfortunately there are thousands of women in San Diego county who face those prospects every day. The proceeds from the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure go to support programs for these women. Women who do not have the resources to fight their disease.
Breast cancer knows no boundary, be it age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. That's one in eight within your company, school and organization!
What are Tillie's Trotters doing...
We are walking to support the San Diego Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure because we want to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. 75% of the money raised stays here in San Diego to help the families who need our help. The other 25% goes to fund national research programs dedicated to finding the cure. Please help us reach our fundraising goal by making a tax-deductible donation today.
You may donate online with your credit card by clicking the "Donate" button. Your support helps us get another step closer to a world without breast cancer.
What does Komen do?
For 30 years, Komen for the Cure has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer: transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease, and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors.
Over the next 25 years, an estimated 25 million women around the world will be diagnosed with breast cancer if we don't find a cure. Komen will not stop until we discover and deliver the cures. That's our promise.
We Will Find the Cure!